We are looking for a Cashier and Deli Clerk to manage all transactions with customers accurately and efficiently.
Cashier and Deli Clerk responsibilities include receiving payments and issuing receipts, selling and handling food, keeping track of all cash and credit transactions, receiving and entering product orders, and stocking shelves. To be successful in this role, previous experience in a customer service position and good knowledge of how point of sales systems operate. You should also be available to take evening and weekend shifts.
Ultimately, the Cashier and Deli Clerk ensure all transactions run smoothly and will help us maximize customer satisfaction.
- Manage transactions with customers using the pos
- Scan goods and ensure pricing is accurate
- Collect payments whether in cash or credit
- Issue receipts, refunds, change or tickets
- Cross-sell products and introduce new ones including deli, grocery, general merchandise. camping, fishing and bait.
- Resolve customer complaints, guide them and provide relevant information
- Greet customers when entering or leaving the store
- Maintain clean and tidy checkout areas as well as deli cases
- Clean shelves, product and displays
- Face product and keep a supply order list
- Restock inventory
- Assist Food Manager and Kitchen Staff as needed
- Sweep and Mop
- Maintain open and closing responsibilities
- Possibly cross training in food prep
- Other duties as assigned my management
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS
- Work experience as a Retail Cashier or in a similar role in sales
- Basic PC knowledge
- Familiarity with electronic equipment, like cash register and POS
- Good math skills
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Strong cleaning and sanitation skills
- Customer satisfaction-oriented
- High school degree